February 07, 2008

The year of the "Snow"

Well, we have broken an ALL TIME record for the most snowfall in a single year. The record went all the way back to the 1800's. As of this morning we are at about 135 inches. The record was 123 inches. This picture of the house was taken a week ago. The picture from the back deck was also taken a few days ago. Since the pic from the back deck we have received about another foot and a half. Unbelievable. Now we are expecting the big thaw. They say it will warm into the 40's so that anything that falls from the sky will be rain, or very wet snow. Tyler is completely fed up with shoveling and snowblowing. Can't blame him. I've decided I can't take it anymore and I am leaving for Hawaii this Saturday the 9th. My friend Wendy called last Saturday and said that she and my friend Lisa had just found a great price on a plane ticket to Hawaii. Lisa's parents own a condo their and they have a car. It is right by Honolulu, soooooo it could be the cheapest trip to Hawaii I will ever get. It was too hard to pass up. I will be there from Saturday until Thursday and then on Friday I will fly into Utah and meet Alan at the airport there and then I get to see my awesome kids and perfect grandsons!!!!!!! I can hardly wait.




4 comments:

DaNiElLe said...

Oh my goodness Sandy! The snow there is such a shocker! I was thinking how exciting it would be but then I realized thats only because I don't live there anymore! Those are great pictures you took to show how much snow there was, and good for you, get out there and enjoy that Hawaiian weather! See you soon!

Meagan Zastrow said...

I love the pictures, it makes me miss home. It's still hard for me to believe that it is only you, dad, and Tyler at home. I love our home. Miss you, can't wait to see you have fun in Hawaii.

Porter Family said...

Uncle Alan looks like such a stud next to that snowblower...is that picture for the family calendar next year? Huh? Mr. February perhaps? :) Have fun in Hawaii! Oh, and tell Tyler to stick a jacket on before he goes outside again with that much snow!

Darcy said...

Make it stop! Make it stop!

I remember snow like this when I was a little girl... but it hasn't been this way for many, many moons! Have a fantastic time in Hawaii... I'm beyond jealous :)