April 28, 2010

The Story of Athen Russell Piggott's Birth

So two weeks before Tawni's due date she was dialated to 2 and 100% efaced. The Dr. said that he would come any day. This put me on alert because I didn't want to miss the big arrival. I decided to fly down on Friday, April 9th because Tawni said she sort of felt like she was having pains and wanted me to come down. I have the best job in the world that told me to go and take all the time I needed to be a mom and Grandma. Tawni picked me up at the airport and the waiting began. We went shopping and went out to dinner with Ryan's parents and just enjoyed our time together. Every morning I would wake up and listen to see if their was any movement in the house. Saturday we all slept in and Sunday we went to church. Still no baby. Monday morning arrived and Tawni was off to work for the morning. I kept myself busy in the morning with making dinners, doing things around the house and waiting for Tawni. This went on for 5 days in a row. I have to say that I enjoyed this time with Tawni and Ryan so much! Once baby comes things get busy and change a lot. One night Ryan made sent us on a scavenger hunt and had presents for us at the end, and almost every day we walked around the neighborhood. That girl put in at least 1 1/2-3 miles a day! Still no baby.........

We had a lot of fun waiting and Tawni looked adorable as a little pregnant mommy................








1 comments:

Brittmae said...

Congrats Gigi on another grandbaby! Love the update -- I'm sure she loved having you there.