February 16, 2010

My Body Surfing Experience

Ok. These pictures have a story. This was me coming out of the water after being totally pummled by a wave. I am talking water up the nose, in the mouth, in the ears, etc. I was going to try body surfing in bigger waves than I have ever been in before and was nervous (because you know that I am such a thrill seeker.) So Dad gave me a couple brief instructions as the waves were coming in. There was a REAL big one coming in and he goes, "Ok. Now dig your feet in the sand and dive into and under the wave."...................so this is me getting ready for the wave. As you can see I am standing stationary with head down, ready for the wave. Well, I didn't dive. I just let the wave hit me full on and I got tossed around like a rag doll. I totally gave Brad Gerrard years and years worth of harassment material. We actually all got a good laugh. It took about 1/2 hour for all the water to come back out of my sinuses and ears, but I will try again before we leave.



2 comments:

The Piggott Family said...

Mom your so cute! Thanks for posting pictures. We miss you guys but are glad your having fun! Be safe love you!

Unknown said...

Sandy! I think they tricked you! I will give you style points on your form before you caught that wave though. Love you guys