November 11, 2009

Our trip to Kentucky!

After we dropped Tyler off at the MTC I had a very sad few moments. I was sad because I knew I wouldn't be seeing Tyler for two WHOLE years, but I also knew that I wouldn't want it any other way. I had planned for weeks to fly out from Salt Lake to Kentucky with Alan and he was going to drive the truck home. I so badly wanted him to go to Kentucky with him, and as I sat there crying in the car I said to Alan how much I just wanted him to go to Kentucky. Little did I know that he had purchased a ticket to Kentucky as a surprise to me for my birthday. Only Tyler and Tawni knew about the surprise and when he told me that he would be going I was so excited! We were also able to surprise Meagan, Brent and the kids. We got into Kentucky very late on Wednesday night, but it was so great to be there. Great Medicine for a sad mom...baby of the household gone....new era....time to be grandparents!



This isn't the most flattering picture of Alan, but it is adorable of Emy. The best thing was that she didn't forget us. I went into her room in the morning to get her out of her crib and she just wrapped her little arms around my neck and hugged me for about five minutes. There is nothing better than that!!!!

Sibling Love!
We took the kids to Build-A-Bear to make stuffed animals. Emy picked out a cute kitten that we named "KIKI".

The girls!

1 comments:

Porter Family said...

I love that she loved on you!! Glad you had a good time with the girls and glad Tyler is doing so well. :)