September 29, 2008

Trip to Utah and The RACE!

On Friday, Alan and I were able to fly down to Utah to see the family. We first went to Wellsville to see Tawni and Ryan. When we got into town, Ryan took Alan on a bike ride and then we all went out to dinner with Ryan's parents, Russ and Kathy. Alan and I spent the night with Tawni. It was so fun to be there. By the end of the weekend we were able to stay one night at each kids house. Saturday morning Alan was able to participate in his first Duathalon with Ryan. Ryan had to run 2 miles, then Alan biked 12 miles and then Ryan had to run 2 more miles. The best part was that they won first place in the team division. It was so fun to see them do so well. Ryan's dad was also on a team with Ryan's brother in law, Kolby. They did really well also. What a fun event! This picture looks funny, but they are actually stretching before the race.
Alan and Ryan.
Alan, Sandy, Kathy, Russ, Ryan, Tawni, Heather (Ryan's sister), Kolby (Heather's husband), and their boy Sam.

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

Way to go Uncle Alan! You didn't wreck this time, right? :) We miss you tons!

brent said...

I wish I could have watched the race, dad is such a stud.

Marilyn & Steve said...

Hey, I hadn't thought of it, but Heather is right! Maybe the curse is off - oh, wait, it's not 4th of July.... OK, so the moral of that story is, DON'T ENTER ANY RACES THE SAME WEEK AS THE 4TH OF JULY! Way to go, Alan! (and Ryan!)
Marilyn

Kellie Karasko said...

Oh my gosh! Sandy...this is Kellie (Oesau) from Hayden Lake! I found your blog thru Joni Miller! You look amazing! What's your trick for not aging??? I'd love to catch up with you sometime...my family webpage is www.thefamilypost.com/karaskofamily -take care! Kellie

Erin said...

Aunt Sandy -

I know you have no idea who I am but I just wanted you to know that your Heather gave me your french bread recipe this past week. I made cinnamon rolls yesterday with it. My husband called them "the best freakin' cinnamon rolls he's ever eaten". Kudos on the most delicious bread recipe in the WORLD.

Heather says that maybe we can get you to release some of your other recipe secrets as well...I'm looking forward to it.